Location of Job (city):
- Residential Counselor position requires every other weekend shift rotations
- Serves as a role model for residents to observe and learn socially effective values, attitudes and behaviors.
- Ensures environment remains safe and normative culture remains positive throughout facility.
- Contributes to formulation, implementation and revision of the resident individual treatment plan (ITP).
- Promotes development of residents' daily living skills through appropriate assignment, instruction, and supervision of tasks.
- Provides appropriate crisis intervention as necessary by anticipating and responding quickly to escalating behaviors, utilizing de-escalation techniques to diffuse the situation, correctly prioritizing safety concerns, following proper restraint technique guidelines, and displaying neutral emotions
- Ensures optimal communication by relaying pertinent resident care information for change of shift report, team logs, communication books and complex staff meetings.
Job Reports To:
Strongly prefer a Bachelors degree in psychology or a related field with a minimum of 1 year of direct care experience working with adolescents and children in a Residential Treatment Facility, educational or juvenile setting. A High School Diploma with a minimum of 1-3 years direct care experience with adolescents and children in a Residential Treatment Facility, educational/juvenile setting.
Requires valid Drivers License
Requires ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Must possess knowledge of therapeutic relationships, therapeutic processes, adolescent growth and development, limit-setting and behavior mana