Program and Administrative Assistant
SCCADVASA staff members are responsible for the development of goals and objectives for domestic and sexual violence prevention and intervention projects and coordinating their implementation. They provide outreach, training and technical assistance to SCCADVASA members and affiliated organizations regarding best practices and emerging trends in domestic and sexual violence prevention and intervention. They respond to technical assistance requests from members and the general public as needed. This position is not focused on providing direct services to survivors, but rather works to create systemic and societal change that will improve the response to survivors across the state.
Overall Job Function:
Assist program and training staff in the coordination and implementation of all SCCADVASA initiatives and events. Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operations of the SCCADVASA office.
Responsible to: Executive Director
• Administrative support in managing the daily operations of SCCADVASA to include answering phones, greeting visitors, responding to requests for information, filing, typing and copying documents, scheduling & organizing meetings, communication with member organizations, equipment management and other administrative functions outlined in agency policies.
• Manage incoming and outgoing mail including: daily pick up, staff distribution and outgoing mail preparation.
• Ensuring that survivors who call SCCADVASA are referred to direct service resources that can assist them appropriately.
• Ensure the professional appearance of the office and library for visitors and meetings.
• Lead project manager for Coalition Manager and any network databases for member organizations. Provides technical assistance to member organizations and staff, liaises with database provider to address issues.
• Coordinate collection of data and completion of progress reports required by funders by assigned deadlines.
• Assist in providing technical assistance and support to member and community organizations engaged in intervention and primary prevention activities.
• Participate in organizational development activities.
• Provide direct support to the Executive Director, Training Coordinator and other program staff in the implementation of all agency programming and projects.
• All other duties as assigned.
Benefits: Medical, dental, short-term disability & life insurance (after qualifying period), Retirement benefits (after 1 year employment)
Starting Salary: $27,040-$31,000 (dependent on experience)
Employment Status: Full-Time
• High School Diploma. College degree preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to multitask and work well within time constraints
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other software
• Understanding of domestic violence and sexual assault and willingness to engage in training to further develop knowledge in these areas
• Occasional overnight travel may be required to support training staff.
• Must be able to secure reliable transportation, including driver’s license and proof of insurance if necessary when travel is required
• Flexible scheduling to allow for work outside of business hours (8:30am-5:00pm) may occasionally be required.
Please send your resume and questions to email@example.com.