Location of Job (city):
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT and COMMUNICATIONS
The successful candidate must believe in the core values of CYDC, be driven by the mission and a commitment to quality, performance and outcomes. Additional requirements include:
· Strong writing skills essential.
· Advanced knowledge in the areas of communications and grant writing.
· Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience engaging community partners.
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
· Demonstrates integrity, strives for excellence in work, and collaborates with team to reach new levels of effectiveness and programmatic impact.
· Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
Responsibility Level: Acts independently or as a leader to uncover and resolve problems associated with the development and implementation of residential service delivery and program operations.
The Director of Development and Communications is responsible for
1) designing and publishing agency website, case statements, annual brochures/reports and event materials as well as direct mail campaign pieces and other promotional materials;
2) managing the agency’s mailing list, donor acknowledgement program and organizational database;
3) engaging existing donor partners as volunteers in special projects and proactively cultivating prospective partners to involve them through agency volunteerism;
4) researching, writing, securing, and reporting foundation and corporate grants as needed.
Excellent writing and organizational skills are essential. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office programs is required. Thorough knowledge of business English with excellent spelling and grammar skills are essential. Must also have an understanding of budgets and accounting reports. Applicants who are invited to interview will be required to produce a writing sample during the interview.
Job Reports To:
Education and Specific Training: Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate Degree preferred. Proficiency in Publisher, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Illustrator, Raiser’s Edge, Adobe, other relevant graphic design packages and editing web content.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience in communication/marketing required. Experience in development, graphic design, desktop publishing, grant writing and/or volunteer coordination a plus.