Location of Job (city):
Hope Center for ChildrenHope Center for Children
Fundraising · Spartanburg, South Carolina
Department FundraisingEmployment Type Full-TimeMinimum Experience Entry-level
Job Title: Development Associate (DA)
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree in marketing, business, non-profit management or related field. A minimum of one year related experience with three years’ experience preferred.
Reports to: Director of Development (DOD)
Scope: This full-time, salary, exempt position has responsibilities which include but are not limited to providing daily implementation of the development plan while concentrating on creating partnerships and expanding HCFC’s network within business community.
- Proactively reach out to companies, civic clubs, and community organizations to share the story of HCFC while offering opportunities for the company to invest.
- Proactively connect with companies to evaluate their personal and professional networks for opportunities which can be mutually beneficial.
- Assist with donor stewardship according to the stewardship plan to maintain strong donor relations.
- Solicit individual and corporate donors to meet fundraising goals assigned.
- Lead organization efforts to increase donor retention with specific focus on lapsed donor campaigns.
- With assistance from Development Team, DA will write the monthly eNewsletter with consistent style, stories, and action/ask to appeal to donors and volunteers.
- DA to grow public awareness of HCFC brand.
- Schedule and complete speaking engagements throughout the year
- Lead up to one volunteer taskforce per year to meet specific, short-term community engagement and organization goals (i.e. Giving Tuesday).
- DA will research and write grants as assigned.
- DA will assist with HCFC’s signature events, Tinis & Tapas and Tailgate Trot, and Child Abuse Prevention Month events.
- DA will assist with writing fundraising appeals and acknowledgment letters
Bachelor Degree in marketing, business, non-profit management or related field. A minimum of one year related experience with three years’ experience preferred
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required: Must be passionate about the HCFC mission. Must love talking to people from diverse backgrounds, public speaking and fundraising. Must be a team player and have excellent written and oral communication skills. Must have a high tolerance for learning new things and working in a fast-paced environment. Must be savvy and comfortable with technology and have great attention to detail. Must be able to lead multiple long and short term projects simultaneously, meeting all deadlines. The role requires great planning and organizational skills. The duties require an understanding of and respect for fundraising principles and ethics, as well as a strong commitment to providing the best resources for children and families served.