RESIDENTIAL CARE MANAGER
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE: The primary responsibility of the Residential Care Manager is to provide individual case management services to at risk youth residing in the Level 1 Group Homes. The Care Manager will administer assessments, coordinate treatment teams, create and monitor progress toward individual care plans, deliver interventions, facilitate programming and manage data. The position operates under the supervision of the Director of Residential Services.
Scope: Residential Case Manager Services include but are not limited to assessment, service planning, monitoring, coordinating and supervising family visits and family engagement, groups, community referrals, and educational/enrichment planning, coordination and support. Services are based on youth and residential staff needs.
This person is also expected to document weekly progress notes in CYDC’s data management system and share all information regarding the youth with the South Carolina Department of Social Services (SCDSS).
The successful candidate will:
1. Possess warm, empathic relationship-building skills and communication style to establish a trusting relationship with the youth.
2. Maintain a caring relationship with youth while allowing for independent growth.
3. Demonstrate successful parenting with effective behavior management skills or have extensive experience in the child care field.
4. Be a positive role model to youth and staff.
5. Exhibit organizational and writing ability to facilitate the maintenance of accurate and complete records.
6. Operate as a staff team player working together to achieve the goals of the program and of the agency.
Type of Knowledge Required and/or Skills Required:
Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to work with a diverse population. Must have the skills to actively engage other professionals as well as excellent communication skills and the ability to develop well-rounded, behavioral interventions.
Education and Specific Training:
Minimum qualifications include:
(1) Master’s degree in social work, counseling, psychology or a related to social work preferred; Bachelor’s degree required plus two years of experience working with the population being served; or (2) Hold an active license in a field related to social work plus two years of case management experience in social work, counseling, psychology, education or a related field.
Experience: Two years of social work experience working with the population being served.
Responsibility Level: Works with direction of the Director of Residential Services
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources, 5055 Lackawanna Blvd., North Charleston, SC 29405; Fax (843) 266-5201, or via email to HR [at] cydc.org.