Connie Maxwell Children’s Home is seeking qualified individuals to serve as House Parents.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining cottage routines;
- Perform transportation for youth within cottage or team;
- Provide a secure, nurturing environment for children in care;
- Foster positive relationships with children;
- Provide appropriate guidance and discipline to children;
- Guide and nurture the Christian development of children;
- Teach children necessary, age-appropriate life skills;
- Represent a family-centered philosophy;
- Work with homemaking assistants and department of facilities and support services to provide for the physical needs of children in care;
- Continue development of job skills and knowledge;
- Support agency goals, and support team goals. This role encompasses managing and coordinating the physical needs and schedules of the students as well as the upkeep of the cottage itself.
- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- Experience in working with children in church, school, own home or related area is required;
- Basic knowledge of home management skills is essential
- Post high school training in the area of child development is preferred;
- Experience in the child care field is preferred.
Interested applicants are asked to apply online at www.conniemaxwell.com or send resume to Brian Patterson at brianpatterson [at] conniemaxwell.com